Friday, November 13, 2009

the bigger picture

The exam month is over. The testing times have passed..Or have they?

Finished with my theory and practical. Singular not plural. They went pretty ok... And a big hello to JD!http://janakidani.wordpress.com/ Good work there... as always J Now for the bigger picture..

This is my final year at college. I’ll be a graduate next summer and I’ll be giving entrance exams running from one city to other. Have started preparing but its not enough if I want to achieve something better. Bigger.

Each day makes me realize what is left to be done and what I have done. What have I achieved so far? What have I done for myself? For my parents? For my country? Blame it on the overcast weather for all the self contemplation which by the way is very important. Self analysis from time to time helps one become a better person.

This self analysis helped me realize the vast change I’d undergone since school. At school I was this big teacher’s pet with one best friend. Those kinds who took part in all possible extra curricular activities (leaving aside sports of course)- a leader in every sense, perceived as snobbish , full of attitude till about the eighth grade, then life changed people changed. My perspective of looking at people changed. I became a better person. Being non judgmental and respecting the individuality every being possessed was a valuable lesson learnt. By the time I left school I had grown tall not only in terms of height; but in thoughts too.

So am I a saint? No none of us are! Do I take pleasure in others times of troubles? No! Even if they are arch enemies...Umm…Maybe...Would I help them if they came to me? Yes! Surprisingly yes! Each one has his or her own take on situations life has to give. If you desperately seek advice try calling at least 2 or 3 friends… each one will have their own way of tackling problems.. So your mind too gets the bigger picture…your thinking capabilities change. You appreciate others points of views and are much more at ease adapting to those... Another valuable lesson learnt albeit with sour experiences.

Each day brings with it many obstacles some which one has been through, some very hard to handle…but at the end of the day what matters is your inner strength…and your thought process which has to be oriented in a positive way.

I know it’s easier said than done. But I am trying really hard to do it.. Believe me. Just the fact that you are trying to be a better person, taking efforts to accept your negative thoughts and improving makes you a better person. Not perfect. Just better.

6 comments:

  1. Thoughtful..
    "Each one has his or her own take on situations life has to give. If you desperately seek advice try calling at least 2 or 3 friends… each one will have their own way of tackling problems.. So your mind too gets the bigger picture…" Even in a family too, ppl have different ways of tackling the daily llife issues, despite of budding in same environment!! So when one realises this, one developes the respect for oneself in others hearts too and vice-versa ofcourse..The only way towards being practical.. If u give space, u will get space.. :) Nicely put in thoughts.. all the best for ur results.. :)
    Keep blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the last line d best ! One step @ a time..try being better not perfect or u become Nobody !

    But this whole idea of self-contemplation has a hole in it :) thats being over-critical of oneself.
    Avoid that..nd u live fine !! Nd remember, sometimes ignorance is bliss ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont think i'm being over critical this time.. dont deny doing that before..this is just a thought process.. to do better..

    ReplyDelete
  4. i find it really nice and the process of contemplation seems successful after reading the blog! beautifully i feel u have described the changes in u with the change in time..
    @ shalab
    nowhere i felt a hole in here as i personally feel if a person doesn't agree on anything, he/she wont write it too.. so thoughts and writings comes from what u really feel and believe.. Ofcourse this is a process to be stronger,to know oneself, and to be a better human being for which everyone should work... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice blog.. well written.. dont know what to say.. I have observed you change over the years and it has been gr8. You have learnt to take up more responsibilities in and outside the home. Suddenly you are all grown up . :) .. that doesnt mean i am too old.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. @SHESHAI- thanks ! and yes it helps u to et stronger!

    @rahul- i was born a grown up ;)
    responsibilities come with age and when taking up responsibilities i have a great example set forth by YOU..thanks for always being there :)

    ReplyDelete