Wednesday, November 12, 2008

exam fever...

The word itself gives you nausea. The teachers inform you well in advance.
Exams coming up people! Buck up!
Buck up my foot you think. First at least complete the portion.
And you start dreaming or rather daydreaming particularly in the boring genetics lecture where the professor goes on”blah blah blah...” in an irritating boring voice. You feel yes this is your time. This is the time when you can prove it to the world what you are. You can show that show-off in the class that only blabbering in the class with the text book placed on your lap is not smartness. You dream stupidly about the teacher announcing “…and the first ranker this time is ... no not you sonali it’s Aditi!! “
Applause applause… oh no wait that’s the teacher banging the desk with the duster.
A livid discussion about the exam meets you in the recess... Oh gosh! What do I do! the portion’s not going to finish on time and that meta teacher is going to screw the practical!. You grin stupidly and think ha! What losers... They should follow my example.
And you get lost in your dreams again... (What to do! Pisceans have this weird quality which by the way is a savior in boring lectures)
Let’s go to a few weeks before the exams. You have managed to finish quite a few chapters which is a Herculean task in itself (amidst friends, family gossip, new movies and other stuff). You realize once you go through previous years question papers that “picture abhi baaki hai dost” n you still have to cover huge amounts. You try concentrating and make a time table which you never follow.
Strange are the ways of humans. Relatives do not find any time more suitable than this to pay a visit to oh my dearest niece!! Ya right. And then the blabber mouth from college calls up to proclaim that I haven’t even started studying when you are well aware that all she’s doing is mug mug and mug!! I hate such people who have these weird strategies. Then there are others who call up and ask yar how tensed I am n how come you aren’t? so that’s my problem? That I am not tensed??
One day before exams: ok now am tensed... don’t feel like studying at all. Just revise whatever I feel like making sure I score decent marks. I don’t understand how people sacrifice on their sleep. I don’t give a damn whether my 24th revision is left or oh lets practice this for the umpteenth time... Sleep is dear.
Exam day: everything’s going fine. Mums fed me dahi shakkar. My prayers are done. Alls well. I vow to fill pages so that the examiner will at least give me some marks and I keep in mind what apurva mama advised me to do. All goes on smoothly when whats-his-name comes up and asks “hey did you do the salvage pathway?” and you’re like"yeah of course. It goes something like...Er...Salvage pathway right...Ya ya I know… oh heck lemme revise it for the last time”
And guess what it does come in the paper!!
Result comes out... Turns out I have got pretty decent marks. And sonali is first as usual. Still learning how not to dream and how to focus as my dad(a Piscean himself) puts it. The sooner I learn it the better. And I can already see myself holding my mark sheet which says 90%...

5 comments:

  1. WOnderful.. beautifully written.. more or less this happens to almost all of us. lol
    I enjoyed it thoughout! ;)
    Here i would like to add up a funny incidence. I had my first board exams in eight standard (DAV board), so i was sitting a lil'bit nervous waiting for my question paper.. My teacher asked me why are you looking nervous? i simply said "mam this is for the first time i am giving eight standard board papers." My teacher smiled at me and i was like "Gosh!! did i really said that, am i planning for another year" hehe.. I guess i am a bit like that.. spontaneous while answering somebody!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. apurva mama ki kaunsi advice follow karti hain bhanji.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. are bahut hi anmol advice hai jo top secret hai. i cant reveal it here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well written yaar.. amazing details of situations happening around you. But i have one question.. what makes you think that your teachers or other people you have "discussed" in the blog will not be reading this.. hahaha.. anyways.. m sure they know that all this is just for fun sake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete